Thursday, September 30, 2010

Just a little more sweetness...

September didn't come with alot of cake.  But the few cakes that were made were pretty spectacular if I do say so myself.  I tried out some new cake flavors and some new recipes: simply red velvet, lemon, and almond cream cheese pound cake.  The new flavors were a huge hit at the party.  Other than that they don't need much introduction.

I helped a friend design and decorate a wedding cake.  It was tremendous fun.  I sneaked a little heart in the design...

Photobucket

 Photobucket

For the same wedding I decorated the "extra" cake.

 Photobucket

Photobucket
Red tipped pink buttercream roses.

The same weekend as our first wedding cake, grooms cake, and chocolate cupcakes I also created a sunflower with a ladybug cupcake and a smash cake for a special little's 1st birthday.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The last cake for of this post was for a surprise anniversary party for my parents.  My brother, the chef, made some super tasty food while I organized the party, decorations, and obviously I designed and made the cake.  The bottom layer: simply red velvet with cream cheese icing, middle layer:  lemon cake with chocolate buttercream icing, top layer: almond cream cheese pound cake with almond buttercream icing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Hmmmm, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment